Monday, June 23, 2008

New shoes


It occurred to me that my posts are becoming a journal of my daily activities with my only child. Well, that's just my life these days. :-) I also think I have a need, on a subconscious level, to keep my mom-in-law updated on our day to day activities so that she just eases right into things when she arrives. It will be as if she were never away.

That said, here was our plan for the day today: shopping. It is the final week of Bath and Body Works semi-annual summer sale, and I wanted those smelly-good things that plug into the wall. I wouldn't be caught dead paying full price, so I stocked up. I'm currently enjoying one of my most favorite summer scents - honeysuckle. Haleigh also got shimmery green peppermint lip gloss. What can I say, it was essential! Her other essential acquisition was this pair of shoes. She calls them her "bling bling crocs" and she hasn't taken them off yet. Note: This blogger is not responsible for the dirty socks in the above picture.

5 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

Amy, your choice of Wizard of Oz led me to you. I like your sense of voice in your writing. I bet you are on the westside- my bias. I live on the eastside! My son is 14 going on 25- I get that!

sunny

amy said...

Hi, Sunny! Welcome to my blog! I'm coming right now to visit you on yours! :-)

Chellie said...

So, off the subject...last night on Bachelorette, I got to see Seattle with Jason and DeAnna. It was so pretty. Will you blog about it; climate, weather, temperatures, scenery, etc. I'd love to know more! :)

Green Moss & Sunny said...

Amy, It is amazing to find you. I am in Stevens County! Any questions I can answer about it? What is your interest in this area? Most people don't even know about it. I grew up thinking this was bare scabland like the middle of the state. Imagine my surprise to find it is covered in forest and mountains.

sunny

amy said...

Hi, Chellie! I'm taking your suggestion into consideration. This is a wonderful place, for sure, and I'm sure I could find time to blog about it. Stay tuned!

Sunny - you stay tuned, too, for a blog answering your questions! :-)

Amy