Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So, here's the thing


Things have been WEIRD around here lately. It's been a mixture of really awesome things mixed in with some really horrible ones, and I'm still reeling from all of it, along with all the people nearest and dearest to me.


I got the lead in a musical, then I had my appendix out in the middle of it. That part completely stunk, but I had one of the best times of my life and I made some really incredible friends. My daughter got bounced around a lot during this time since her dad was out of town, and I learned that she is really a pretty great kid who can adapt and go with the flow. She also doesn't think I'm the least cool mom in the world, and for that I am thankful.


My mother-in-law had to have surgery for some things that I'm sure she would rather not deal with . . . but it also meant she got a bonus visit with my hubby when he flew home to help her out a little. Let me tell you, that man does not fly to Georgia for just anything. His grandmother's 70th birthday last November was the first time he had been back to visit since we moved 6 years ago!


And most recently, my brother-in-law was lost to us. He was always a little lost to us, but his physical departure has ripped a hole in this little family that changes the reality of our daily lives. Where can I possibly find sunshine in this? Just go visit his mom over at Cedar Chest of Dreams. I am moved every day by her strength, and the beauty and discernment of her words. She is setting a stunning example to experience your pain, and grieve . . . but embrace the surprises and blessings that might come with it.

2 comments:

Robbin said...

This is what I strive for:

"We are all broken and wounded in this world. Some choose to grow strong at the broken places.”
- Harold J.Duarte-Berharte

Pouring my heart out in words have always been healing for me and having someone read and validate what I've said is very comforting. And I'm going Day by Day. If I have a good day I welcome it with appreciation and if I have a bad day, I don't fight it, I let the tears flow. This is how I'm dealing with it for now.
Thanks for the sweet post, you know I love you.

Tammy Brierly said...

Hi Amy,
I'm a blog friend of Robbin's and I loved your thoughtful gift you sent.

You were such a rock to get through your surgery without hubby. Congrats on the role, I love musical theatre.

I have three grandson's in your area and the oldest turns 7 in July. It's beautiful!

Nice to meet you!