Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Big changes!


I am officially a student! Yesterday I spent the morning registering for classes at my local community college. I'm pretty lucky because the campus is only a few blocks behind my house. I can't wait to start classes but the quarter doesn't begin until September 24th. That gives me a chance to get my daughter off to school first, though!


I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to do this. The thing is, I got married very young, then he joined the military and we started moving. Well, technically he joined right before we got married, and left for boot camp 2 weeks after our wedding day. That's another story for another blog. :-) Anyway, once I married and moved, college got put on the back burner. A few years into our marriage we decided to start our family. After our daughter came along, college really got put to the side. Now, here we are 9 years and one kid later, and I'm getting the chance of a lifetime. My husband is an incredible man. (He has an incredible mom, too, and you can see for yourself if you check out her blog here.) He is handsome, strong, smart, determined, and well, just great. Best of all, he loves me and he wants me to be happy and to have this opportunity. So, now that he's settling into his new career as a police officer, he's supporting my decision to go back to school. Words could never express how thankful I am to have a go at this change for the better. You better believe I won't take it for granted.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

You are lucky and I hope you stick with it and accomplish what you want. And thank you for the kind words, I think you're pretty fantastic too.