Sunday, August 26, 2007

Patience

This morning, three things are driving me nuts. They are all books. I will soon be finished with my current book. I had really wanted to start The Zookeeper's Wife next, but my local library is still acquiring it. They'll notify me as soon as it's in, so I'll have to be patient. I also desperately want to read the new novel by one of my favorites, Dorothea Benton Frank. It's called Land of Mango Sunsets and I know I will devour it just as I have all her previous works. However, my library doesn't have it, and they have no plans to acquire it. The third book drives me nuts because I can't remember the name of it! It is about two Japanese brothers and it explores history and culture by telling their story. It has a beautiful red cover with cherry blossoms on it. Any guesses?

I know I could solve my Land of Mango Sunsets problem by simply buying the book. However, one of my concessions in being able to stay at home right now was to learn to love my local library instead of purchasing books. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out, though. :-)

No comments: