Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nothing is easy


I love where I live. That said, there are days when I feel the need to be closer to my family. I just had a good long visit with them, and that eased my homesickness a great deal. My time in my hometown also helped me to realize that I'm not in a hurry to move back there. But, inevitably when you live on the opposite side of the country from those you hold most near and dear, things come up that make you just want to BE there!!


My mom is dealing with some medical stuff. It's really not that big of a deal at this point, because she's just beginning the "testing" stage . . . you know, let's take a look at this and rule this out, do some more bloodwork, blah blah blah. The nature of the situation dictates that she could potentially be facing some surgery. It's the kind of surgery that used to be a major issue, but it's become more common, and I know she would be fine, it would just be a long recovery time, but dammit, I want to BE there!! She has family, including a sister, and very good friends who I know would all look after her, but I just wish I could. In fact, I wish I could be there right now just while she's having things "looked at". And at this point we don't even know what's going on so I'm really getting ahead of myself!


It's just one of those times when it would be a lot easier if the physical distance between us wasn't so enormous. I realize that's not enough reason to uproot my family and plunk us down 3000 miles away to start over. But right now I'd just like to be a teeny bit closer to my mom!

No comments: