Saturday, August 18, 2007

I might be in denial . . .


Today I went to the website of my daughter's school to refresh my memory regarding her school supplies. We still have just over 2 wks before it starts, but I wanted to be prepared. I've looked at the list previously, and I was pretty excited that there were only a very few items that need to be purchased. Well, today I went back to the website, and realized I had been looking at the kindergarten list!!!! Needless to say, there are a lot more supplies for first graders! Pardon me while I completely freak out because it just hit me that she's in a GRADE!! How does time go by so fast?? Just yesterday we were teaching her how to walk. Now I can't get her to slow down! I suppose I should keep this in mind while I'm home with her, trying to fill the days until school starts. I'm sure any parents who have tried to keep their kids entertained for an entire summer can sympathize!

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I saw you comment at mel's place, your comment was excellent, Mel is one of favorite people

amy said...

Thanks . . . I love her blog! By the way, I thought you were my brother! He's an Air Force sgt. in Florida, and his name is Charlie!