Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New wheels!

Today we took our 6 1/2 year old to learn how to ride her bike. She hasn't really been too interested before, and to our surprise we discovered she had already outgrown it! No matter how hard she tried to pump her little legs, she really couldn't get much momentum, which, of course you need to hold you up! So, off we went to try and find her a new bike.

When we got to the store, my husband had her try a bike that looked HUGE to me. I think I must have been in denial about how much she has grown. They had a chart that showed you what size bike your child should ride based on their height, and she did indeed need a 20 in. bike since she is slightly over 4 feet tall! She just isn't supposed to be this big already. It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital!

When we got back home, I had to rush to a quick doctor appt. So, the two of them went across the street into the park and got started with the new bike. I was only gone about 30 minutes. When I got home, I glanced over into the park to see my teeny little girl barreling around the grass on her new wheels! I couldn't believe it! She's still a bit awkward, and she needs a little shove off usually, but she's getting it! Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh yay! PICTURES PLEASE.
I'm so glad she's learned how to ride.

amy said...

Hopefully I will have a new charger soon and have the camera up and running. I was so mad to not have pictures from today! I have to get some of her at the new park, too! I will send pics as soon as I get them!