Sunday, August 19, 2007

Funny story


Yesterday I took my daughter to the library. I took her in to the children's section and showed her all the books. Her eyes just drank it all in. She immediately spotted a few favorites displayed along the tops of the shelves. I told her she could pick a few out to read quietly, and I would go and find my books. I really just walked around the corner so I could watch her! She wandered slowly along absorbing all that she was seeing, then she carefully selected a few books and sat down on the little rug and got lost in the stories! I tip-toed away to find what I was after.


A few minutes later she found me because she wanted to show me one of the books she found. I crouched down to her level and I told her that now that she was 6 1/2 years old, and a first grader, I thought she could probably get her very own library card. But, that meant she'd have to be very responsible, because once she signed that card she would be responsible for whatever books she borrowed. She hugged my neck very tight, backed up and put one hand on each of my shoulders, looked me very seriously in the eyes and said "Oh, mom! I can DEFINITELY response that!"

1 comment:

Robbin said...

LOL, so funny to me. And I can just see her and hear her doing that just as you described!