Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm addicted


When my mother-in-law came to visit last summer, she introduced me to avocado sandwiches. Well, she ate them and I observed. I've never been a big avocado fan. Lately, though, I've been doing a lot of reading about the benefits of those tasty little green things. I found out earlier this year that I have high cholesterol, so I've been trying to learn how to eat better. See, I'm pretty thin and I'm not even thirty yet, so my battle is genetics. Anyway, I've been learning about balance, and the importance of good cholesterol and all that good stuff. It turns out avocados are really wonderful for you. So, having no idea what to do with an avocado (other than make guacamole) I decided to try the sandwich recipe. I have a new favorite bread, too - whole grain with flaxseed - so I toast a few slices, mash up half of an avocado with a tiny drop of mayo and spread it on the bread. Then, I add a few very thin tomato slices and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and a LOT of black pepper across the top. YUM! It is a yummy lunch, especially on a warm day!

1 comment:

Robbin said...

YUMMO! As Rachael would say.