Friday, August 31, 2007

Kids are TOUGH!


We went to a beautiful beach the other night. The day had been very warm, balmy almost. But, by the time we got to the beach the sun was going down. Combined with the breeze off the water this made for a slightly chilly evening, and we planned to have a nice walk rather than play in the water. Truth be told, I never play much in the Pacific Ocean anyway . . . it's ALWAYS freezing! My daughter, on the other hand, is one brave soul! While I had a hard time keeping my bare feet on the cold sand without shivering, she was making polar bear plunges into the icy waves! Her father and I watched in amazement until she wore herself out. Then we all settled down on a giant piece of driftwood to bury our feet in the cool sand and watch the tide turn.

No comments: