Thursday, August 9, 2007

Diggin' up bones


I read an interesting article today about a man in Switzerland who happens to be a "hobby paleontologist" discovering a gigantic dinosaur graveyard when excavating a building site. They're saying it's probably the biggest site in the country. It reminded me how much I want to go on a "dig" for real dinosaur bones. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved finding rocks with fossils in them . . . usually a shell or leaf imprinted in a piece of limestone. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I ever came across part of a dinosaur! Living in the northwest, I'm a lot closer to areas that host dinosaur digs. There are places in Utah, Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming. One of these days, I'm just going to have to go out there and see what I can find!

2 comments:

Robbin said...

ME TOO!

amy said...

well, if you lived here, not only would you be cooler right now, but it would be a LOT easier for us to plan a trip for a real dig! And after our trip we could go get me a teapot and some TEA!