Thursday, August 9, 2007

Yum!


Last night, pumpkin pie sounded really good to me, so I made some! And it was so good! I realize we're nowhere near any of the "traditional" holidays for it, but if you would like to have some, here's the recipe. I've taken a traditional recipe and doubled it to make two thinner pies, because my husband has to have his very own. :-)


2 Shortbread pie crusts (I just use the Keebler ready kind!)

1 29 oz. can of Libby's pumpkin (the big one)

2 14 oz. cans of Eagle sweetened condensed milk

3 eggs

2 tsps. cinnamon (or a little more if you love it like me!)

1 tsp. ginger

1 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt


Preheat oven to 425. Mix everything together and divide between the two pie crusts. Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then lower the temp to 350 and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted one inch from the edge comes out clean.


**** I like to add a little whipped cream to mine!

No comments: