Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Break on through

After starting my day with a sudsy, overflowing dishwasher yesterday (seriously, who knew bleach would do that????) we were off to Home Depot to rent a brush hog to attack the monster blackberries and various undergrowth behind our home. I was determined to learn how to use the thing, assuming it couldn't be too hard because it's basically an elongated lawnmower. WRONG! My very patient instructor (the hubby) explained all the basic elements, and watched as I mowed a few swipes through the jungle. I'll admit, it scared me to death! I was so excited to see how quickly it cleaned things up, but the visions of severed limbs dancing through my mind just wouldn't go away. Sooooo, I'm embarrassed to say, I ended up letting him do the bulk of the clearing. I helped clear the stuff that the brush hog couldn't get to. So, maybe "become comfortable with heavy machinery" will not be a change for me. I can at least say that it got me out of my comfort zone!

No comments: