Monday, August 27, 2007

It's feelin' like fall


Well, I might be a little premature in my happiness, but it sure feels like fall. The temperature is right, there is even a slight "crisp" in the air. My daughter will be heading back to school next week, and the fruit selection is changing at our local grocery store. I can't wait until the new season is here in all its glory. This picture is from an October several years ago. My mother, aunt, and a friend came to visit and we took a drive over the pass to a beautiful mountain town. Just before we reached our destination, we stopped to stretch our legs at a scenic spot along the river bank. All the leaves were changing colors, paint splashes of orange, crimson, gold, and green. The salmon were making their journey upstream to leave their babies, and we were able to witness a mama laying her eggs in the shallow water. I hope this fall is full of many more memories.

No comments: