Friday, August 31, 2007

Lift, fog, lift!


Today, I'm just in a blue mood. I know how silly it sounds, but I feel old! Well, not old, just, um, kind of old. It started with a picture. I mentioned that we went to the beach the other night. My husband took a picture of my daughter and me, and seeing it caught me off guard. I just looked like I already left my 20's far behind! I actually have a teensy-weensy bit of them left!!!! I'll shake this off, but for now I think I'll just go have some coffee and a good book. Then maybe I'll skateboard or watch the High School Musical sing-along or something. Isn't that what the cool kids do?

3 comments:

Robbin said...

30 can be a big thing. I wrote a poem the year I turned 30, I'll try and find it.

When I turned 30 I had an almost 10 year old and 7 year old so I didn't have time to think about it or worry about it much but it does start a new phase in your life and causes you to think a little deeper about life and such.

It is in my opinion that even though women are beautiful at all ages, we are our prettiest at thirty and in our thirties. If you look at actresses in this age range you will see what I mean.

It is really not an age that you can really discover who you are so much though because you have other people to take care of. Your family needs you usually more than ever at this age and you give up a lot of yourself but not to worry, you'll have plenty of time for that later.
Being in your thirties is a very good time in life. You finally feel grown up and as a woman you are many things to many people. It's the giving years and that can be quite fulfilling you know.

amy said...

I hope you do find it! You have a valid point, to, about actresses . . .it's as though they've found themselves, discovered what works for them, and are just more comfortable in their own skin in their 30's.

amy said...

Perhaps this has something to do, also, with this very compelling need I have to be more available to Haleigh. Yes, I wanted to go back to school, too, but I felt so separated from her while working full-time. It was different before she started school. Now I just want to be there.